Beyond Divorce has a mission. That mission is getting you truly beyond your divorce and back into a fulfilling life.
Creating a fulfilling life starts with a powerful and healing emotional recovery and continues through designing a great singleness, developing a fabulous circle of fun and supportive friends who encourage your full potential, and then the adventure of dating again if that is in your future.
On your own, it is hard to know where to start, which is why I have broken the process down into bite-sized pieces so you can move easily through the required stages. The book, Beyond Divorce, is based on the 5 Turning Points of Divorce Recovery. Each stage takes some time and each one moves you closer to recovery.
- Honor yourself: You are going through a difficult life experience. It is vital that you practice extreme self-care. Own this experience as yours. Honor it. Love yourself through it. You need a champion in your corner and it makes sense that it be you, first and foremost. Honoring your process and taking care of yourself is vital, especially in the initial stages. This first turning point is foundational to all the rest.
- Calm your emotions and thoughts: This is part of honoring yourself. Your emotions and thoughts are working overtime right now. As your internal messengers, they have a lot to say. Sometimes you’ll understand the message; sometimes you won’t. Be empathetic toward them. Embrace them as if they were a hurting child; they are a part of you. As you listen to them and give them what they need, they will be soothed and quieted.
- Understand what went wrong: Part of calming your emotions and thoughts is understanding what went wrong in your ended relationship and what you could have done differently, or would like to do differently in a future relationship. Emotions and intellect are different. Sometimes, when the mind can understand, the emotions don’t have to be quite so loud. There are common reasons that relationships end. Knowing those reasons will help you feel more solid, restore your hope, and prepare you for a new relationship when the time is right.
- Rediscover yourself and reclaim your power: The hope you gain from taking care of yourself, calming your emotions and thoughts, and understanding what went wrong, will give you the energy to embrace the new possibilities unfolding around you. Discovering yourself anew is an adventure, potent with discoverable desires and passions. Reclaiming your power sets you solidly on the path of creating a new life you love.
- Redesign your life: It is at this turning point that you will take the new you for a test drive. Yep, it’s a little scary. Taking charge of our lives is a big deal. But it’s also incredibly exciting and full of potential. This is your opportunity to create a future worth having.
The new and improved Design Your Life newsletter will cover all the turning points. I wish you happy reading. Please give me feedback in the comment boxes so I know what you like and what is boring you to tears.
Wishing you love and courage,